Mom's Thoughts

Plainfield mom reflects on life with four little ones.

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Temptation

I thought we were all healthy again.
We made it to church as a family on Sunday and the kids all went to their classes.
Then in the afternoon my five year old boy started running a fever again. Now it's Tuesday morning - he's on an antibiotic and still running a fever.

Sunday the pastor talked about temptation - the opportunity and desire to do wrong.
For me, as a mom, one temptation is to just quit. Society seems to say "If it feels good do it. If it doesn't feel good don't do it."
Rising early to clean up after my sick child doesn't "feel good".
Wouldn't it be easy just to walk away - runs through my mind.
But, I know that's a lie. Life isn't easy and running away is rarely the answer. So, I'll resist the temptation to quit and I'll be thankful for another day with my family. In sickness and in health.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home