Mom's Thoughts

Plainfield mom reflects on life with four little ones.

Thursday, June 02, 2011

Strong Willed?

I just finished reading
YOU CAN'T MAKE ME (BUT I CAN BE PERSUADED)
Strategies for bringing out the best in your strong-willed child
by Cynthia Ulrich Tobias.

I found it very interesting and helpful. According to the book, I'm married to a strong willed man. I think some of our off spring also are blessed with a strong will.

On the book jacket it says...
  • Gain insight into how a strong-willed child's mind works
  • Recognize why your strong-willed child may choose not to obey
  • Learn to share control without compromising parental authority
  • Discover positive ways to approach and motivate your strong-willed child
I took some notes and am going to try to use some of what I learned to make life better with/for my kids. The book also helped me understand my husband a bit better. (He and I are SO different!)

I would definitely recommend this book to parents and teachers who have/work with strong willed children.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home