Mom's Thoughts

Plainfield mom reflects on life with four little ones.

Saturday, March 26, 2005

I'M A MOP

I'm a MOP (mother of preschoolers) feeling limp and wrung out. I need to be in the Master's hand and dunked in the Living Water every day in order to be used effectively in the lives of my little ones.
A friend reminded me last night that - I'm called to mother hood. Right now that seems to be clean-up duty and coaching: dishes & diapers, laundry & lunches, hands & hurts, tables & tears, bathing & brushing teeth, potty training & picking up toys, songs & sharing, dressing & discussion, manners & math, taking turns & trying again.
Now is the time for me to teach and discipline my children. "No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it." Hebrews 12:11

I hope that I'm a good MOP and my kid's lives shine.
Seasons change - thankfully spring is here. And, I know that I won't be a MOP forever. Hopefully I'll look back on this season in my life and remember the beauty of it - the giggles, grins & growth as well as the hugs and happy moments.

1 Comments:

  • At 3/26/2005 11:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You are a good MOP. This stage of motherhood will not last forever--it just seems that way. I can assure you that in twenty-five or thirty years your pre-schoolers should be adults and should be people you really enjoy having in your life. I know I enjoy my three former pre-schoolers.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home