Mom's Thoughts

Plainfield mom reflects on life with four little ones.

Sunday, August 06, 2006

The things people say...

I've been pregnant before so I know that the last couple of months one can get pretty big. I'm definitely showing now. And, the comments are starting to come.

The lady at the drug store...
"So when are you due?"

Eight year old girl at the park...
"Does it hurt?"

A guy college friend...
"You're a lot bigger than the last time I saw you."

And today a gentleman at church...
"What happened to you?" Instead of replying that my husband and I had sex, I just said "I blew up". Then he asked if it was my first and to that I was able to reply "no, it's my fourth".

Thinking of funny pregnancy related comments... I still remember having dinner with friends at a restaurant about seven years ago. She and I were both pregnant with our oldest children (they are now also expecting child #4). Her husband said something like "was it a surprise?" in reference to my pregnancy. And my husband replied, "no, we had sex."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home