Mom's Thoughts

Plainfield mom reflects on life with four little ones.

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Exploding Mexican Lasagna

Exploding Mexican Lasagna was the new dish I tried to make for last nights dinner.

Well, exploding wasn't part of the recipe but that's what happened.

My husband requested Mexican Lasagna and my seven year old helped prepare it. The oven was on and the the dish was sitting on one of the stove burners (the burner was not on). I started to pick the dish to put it into the preheated oven and - pow! the glass baking dish broke into a hundred pieces ( I didn't actually count them but I tried to clean them all up - husband found one tiny piece with his toe this morning ) and our dinner was on the floor.

After I got the mess cleaned up (including a little bit of blood from a cut on my finger) we went out for dinner.

I was disappointed that we didn't get to enjoy the Mexican Lasagna - it looked really good before the explosion. I am very thankful that I was the only one in the kitchen when the glass broke and that my little ones didn't get hurt!

1 Comments:

  • At 6/13/2007 11:40 PM, Blogger Teacher Mom said…

    Yikes! Sorry about the dish and the dinner, but I did have to chuckle at the "we went out for dinner" comment. LOL I think that's what we would have done too!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home