Mom's Thoughts

Plainfield mom reflects on life with four little ones.

Friday, June 22, 2007

hold my hand

Last night we met friends at McDonalds.

They also have a three year old little girl.

One mother daughter interaction made me think how much God loves us.

We were walking around a big parking lot next to McDonalds (there were many screaming little girls in the play land). Ruthie was holding Mommy's hand. Then she chose to let go an run ahead. Poor choice. She fell and scraped her knee.

Her mommy picked her up and said (I'm paraphrasing) "I am so sorry you got hurt. I am so sorry you got hurt. I am so sorry you got hurt. Would you have fallen if you had been obedient and held my hand? Does it go well with us when we disobey?" Ruthie agreed that it doesn't go well when we disobey.

My friend's response is so like God. He cares when we get hurt and he binds up our wounds. And, He loves us enough to gently remind us that when we are disobedient it doesn't go well for us.

Like Ruthie, sometimes I can get impatient and try to get ahead of God - I may be headed in the right direction but I need to wait for His timing. It's so good to know that He wants what's best for me and like Ruthie's mommy, He love me even when I make a bad choice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home