Mom's Thoughts

Plainfield mom reflects on life with four little ones.

Monday, August 14, 2006

Communication

So, I've been reading a book that is supposed to be helpful in interpreting your baby's cries. Hopefully it will help with our fourth.

What I really want right now is an interpreter for my two year old. She has learned to say "no" and seems to use it for everything. Although, she does say "yeah" for yes. And she has a few other distinguishable words... "Mama", "daddy", "woo woo" while patting her leg for dog. She signs please, thank you, more, cat, baby, milk, play, ball, bicycle, doll, dirty, train, monkey and hurt. (There may be a few more but that's all I can think of right now.)

I just wish I knew what she was trying to communicate when she cries for 20 minutes for no apparent reason other than she's mad. Maybe that's it - she's mad and wants everyone to know it.

Our six year old didn't talk much until after he was two and now he expresses his ideas quite well. The other day he was playing with his sisters and said "the diameter of your tube is larger than mine". I don't remember talking about diameter in math but he must have picked it up somewhere.

I'll just keep listening and maybe I'll figure out what my little girl is trying to tell me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home