Mom's Thoughts

Plainfield mom reflects on life with four little ones.

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

We love our library



My mom was a librarian and my brother is a librarian. I grew up being able to see the public library from our house. I spent lots of time studying in the library during college and I've been taking the kids to the library since they were very little.

Well, this summer the Plainfield library has had a summer reading program. The kids set reading goals and when they reach their goal they get a t-shirt, a book and some other goodies. Well, all four of the kids met their goals and got their shirts.

2 Comments:

  • At 7/17/2008 12:00 AM, Blogger Loving Our Homeschool said…

    Cute picture! I like the t-shirt prize. Both of my girls got 2 free books as their last prizes (there are 4 levels of prizes) and a fairly nice book bag. Lauren's first prize was a packet of marigold seeds which did not thrill her. Ashley's first prize was a CD of nursery rhymes and other songs. It's actually quite good, and she really likes it!

    We're also doing the Barnes & Noble summer reading program. Ash wasn't old enough, but Lauren gets a free book from that as well.

     
  • At 7/17/2008 12:01 AM, Blogger Loving Our Homeschool said…

    Oh, maybe it's Borders that's doing the other program. I don't know! LOL I just know where the store is located. LOL

     

Post a Comment

<< Home