Mom's Thoughts

Plainfield mom reflects on life with four little ones.

Friday, August 01, 2008

Punished for reading?

So, my two older kids love to read so much that this morning I had to punish both of them for reading.

Well, really I punished them for being disobedient.

I told my boy to do something before he started reading the new Star Wars book I got at the library. I walked into the room and what was he doing? He was reading the book and hadn't yet followed my directions. So I told him why I was going to spank him - disobedience. Then I spanked him and afterwards he asked for forgiveness which of course I granted. Same story with my girl. I told her to make her bed and she got up there and started reading a book instead of making her bed.

I'm so glad they like to read. I just need them to obey first.

1 Comments:

  • At 8/02/2008 5:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sarah, Only your kids would get punished for reading. I'm so glad they are not like thier Auntie Kathy who got in trouble for daydreaming and pretending too much.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home